vendredi 11 octobre 2013

Salmon Arm

First sorry for not having written in a while.
So as you know I had a magnificent trip from Jasper to Salmon Arm. but what happened since then?

As usual, settling down to a new house ended up being quite challenging for me. I left chaotic but beloved Meadow Lake for the unknown which is a british family with very british runned stables. 10 horses : 5 full time in the paddocks and 5 are in stables at night and in the paddocks during daytime. We can only ride 3 of them, the rest is either to small (a pony) or boarding horses.
The helpers' job is to feed, move and muck out the horses morning and evening. Exercice them following Becky's (the boss) training program : a rotation of flat work, longeing, jumping and (very) short hack.


So in term of riding, it's only english style, depending on the skills of other helpers every second or third day and no more than 2h a day. After training April on my own and riding up to 5-6 hours a day it is frustrating. Although I get  that in term of helpX you meet all kinds of people and as an host, you have to have time to ger to know and trust your helpers. One sign more that it's time to come back home and build my life.

With time it's getting better here and there a lot for me to learn in term of training eventing horses and of course english riding. Becky looks like a great teacher so I hope I'll get a lesson from her soon. :-)

I'll keep you updated of my riding progression.

Otherwise Salmon Arm is really big and civilized compared to ML. I even got an haircut (successfull).


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire